Physical therapy can help after accidents, operations and all sorts of problems with physical stress.
I offer physical therapy for people of all age, from small children to people of high age.
I can support you as a physical therapist in the following areas of medicine:
- Inner medicine
- Sport-prevention & rehabilitation
It is important to me, not only to treat symptoms but also to look for the causes of pains respectively for the reasons of the physical stress. The aim is the restoration, conservation and stimulation of your health and the relief respectively freedom from pain.
In the treatment, it is especially important to me to set the individual aims with the customers an the parents of the treated children.
In physical therapy I use a multitude of techniques:
- Techniques of the function-movement-theory (FMT Klein-Vogelbach)
- Techniques of the proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF) — i.a. passive, assistive, active or resistive techniques
- Manual therapy — i.a. as mobilizing techniques to mobilize joints osteopathical techniques (MOT) — i.a. to mobilize the fascia
- Trigger point, dry needling, techniques for the soft tissue, Kinesio taping for joints, soft tissue an to mobilize the fascia
- Rehabilitation — Pilates with Pilates devices (spine corrector, barrel, cadillac, reformer, peddy pull), on the mat (Mat Class) and with small devices (magic circle, roll, soft balls, toning ball, thera-tape)
Historical facts about physical therapy
The origin of many techniques dates a long time in the past. Archeological discoveries show that different forms of medicinal massage were already known in China ca. 4’000 years ago.
From antiquity different gymnastical ideals of education are known. The athlets of the antique Olympic games had specially educated trainers who supervised the physical training of the athlets and were responsible for their health.
As a doctor in antiquity Hippocrates had different medicinal opinions which are also common in physical therapy today. He unterstood the living body als an organism, health as a state of balance and illness as a disturbed physical and psychical general condition. His persuasion was the nature has a force of healing of its own.